German Society for Demography (DGD) annual conference in 2024
We are proud to announce that the German Society for Demography (DGD) will held its annual conference in 2024 in cooperation with the demographic societies of the Nordic countries and will take place from 20 until 22 March 2024 at the University of Hamburg.
The conference will host a wide range of thematic sessions on the “Demographic Development in the Nordic Countries and Germany“ (see planned sessions here) and conclude with a moderated panel discussion on “Political Best Practice and Demographic Normality. Lessons for Germany from the Nordic Countries“. Participants are invited to attend the conference dinner at the restaurant “Parlament“ on 21 March 2024.
We encourage submissions to the sessions and poster session, the deadline is 27 November 2023. Submit your abstract here
The conference will feature the following keynote addresses:
- Stefanie Kley (local host, Germany): Migration, Spatial Mobility and the Ecological Question
- Cosmo Strozza (Denmark): Challenges to the Implementation of Indexation of Retirement Age: Lessons Learned from Denmark
- Mika Gissler (Finland): How Covid Pandemic Affected Mortality Rates in Nordic Countries and Germany?
- Rannveig Hart (Norway): Fertility and Policy in Germany and the Nordics
- Jonas Helgertz (Sweden): Using Methods of Machine Learning to Create Databases for (Historical) Demographic Research
The conference will be held in English and in a hybrid format, offering on-site and virtual participation (please refer to the conference administration website for terms and conditions of participation and prices – early bird booking (with discount)/free cancellation is available until 20 February 2024, regular registration will close on 11 March 2024).
Source: German Society for Demography